Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Monday/Tuesday

Monday, yesterday, was great. We caught the metro and tram line from our flat up to the Impact-Prague office, and had a wonderful meeting with all of the team currently available. Thus, we met with Marek and Elaine Mudrik, Jeff Valodine, Matt and Bethany Harris, and of course Tim. We discussed things that we are expected to attend, and how they can help us grow. We also got to talk about ministry opportunities that we are invited to be a part of, if we want. It was a great meeting.

Then Jeff, Tim, Ben and I headed off to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. We got to talk a little bit more, and caught the metro back to Jeff's house. I got to write a few e-mails, update my blog, and play xbox with Jeffey. Then Ben and I walked around town a little, practiced our Czech, and got . . . well . . . not lost. I always know where I am. It's just getting to where I want to go that's the hard part. And, really, it's not like it's possible to get lost here in Prague. I can get on any metro line and get back to my flat. The trams and buses are a little harder, and I'm still learning them. But the metro is a snap now. And we made it back quite nicely.

Today, Tuesday, has been a little hectic, trying to catch up with Jeff. But God is still good. I'm really glad I brought my guitar, it was nice this morning to be able to worship with it.

Today is 'hump' day, probably one of the harder days. I'm finishing up adjusting to jet lag, but with the rushing early this morning I'm a little tired. If I can keep going, I think that I'll be able to adjust pretty soon. Thanks for your prayers.

In His Time,

1 comment:

Casey said...

Joel, I love that you write just like you speak. Its awesome to hear about the things that you and Ben are getting to do. Keep those updates coming. We are certainly praying for you!
psalm 9:10
casey and jeremy