Monday, January 10, 2005

American Sign Language

I'm learning American Sign Language, ASL for short! It's really a lot of fun, and the book that I'm working through is very simple to understand. I know about thirty signs now, and counting. Ben, my team partner when we go overseas, is also learning ASL. The reason for this is that one of the staff members overseas is deaf. This will help us be able to communicate both with her, and with each other. It's really fun.

I'm looking forward to going over, from all the things I've heard it will be a wonderful four months. But I would ask that you pray for health and safety for us, both in traveling and also in just living over there. My Dad reminded me that the stress of traveling is very likely to give me a cold, and that would be a horrible way to start the trip. Also, please pray for our/my focus on God. As the classes keep reminding me, if I'm focusing on and pursuing God, then nothing will really be a problem. As I lose focus, then it could get messy. Thanks for your prayers.

In His Time,
~Joel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo! I miss you. I have been praying for you and everyone else and this awesome oppurtunity God has given you guys. I will keep on praying for ya, remember that. Keep in touch. I love you and miss you terribly.

~McKinsey~