Saturday, January 15, 2005

Indy Round Robin visit

I got to go to Bloomington, Indiana today to watch my sisters play Bible Bowl. They each did a nice job, and it was fun to see them play. I also got to catch up with several Bible Bowl friends that I hadn't seen since last June at the National Tournament. That was really nice. Bible Bowl is definitely about memorizing God's Word. But the relationships that you form as you play really come through as a huge blessing.

I miss playing Bible Bowl. I just do. I really was blessed by being with the people. I don't miss the studying. It took so much time, for me at least. But I'm getting quite a bit of use out of that memorizing even now, so I'm glad that I put the time in.

I'm still scrambling here at home, trying to make sure that I've got everything that I'll need, but not too much stuff. I don't want to take things that won't be used, that would be silly. In the mean time, working on getting this stuff together is doing wonders for my sleeping pattern. I managed to scrape by on four hours this morning before going to the Round Robin! Not exactly the most healthy way to live.

Speaking of sleep, I'm thinking that would be a good thing to get right now. I'm out.

In His Time,

No comments: