Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I? No, You

Over the past three days or so I have had some difficulty worshipping. My mind wanders, I don't feel very reverent, and I just can't seem to focus on God. I have had this problem both in corporate worship, and in my own Personal Worship Times. I continue to seek God, but I just don't feel Him. I realize that seeking God is not just based on feelings. And, in fact, I think it can build my 'faith muscles' to seek after Him when I personally feel dry and empty. But at the same time, I feel dry and empty. This may be a time where God is giving me a discomfort to help me spiritually move along on the path He has for me, to get more involved in seeking Him. I think that I need to spend more time in His Word, trying to understand what He has done in the past, and what He is doing in my life. So, that's part of what I'm trying. I would appreciate your prayers for insight and discernment, as well as a renewed reverence. And I wouldn't mind having those 'feelings' again. I know that feelings are not what we base pursuing God on, but it certainly does feel better.

In chapel today, we were given a chance to write a poem describing where we are with God right now. That was a wonderful experience, and I'd like to share it with you here.


I know You are there, and I trust You implicitly,
but do i?

I know Your command, and I seek You completely,
but do i?

I know You are glorious, and I worship You constantly,
but do i?

I know You are my Father, and all good things come from You.
i do.

Myself, I can do nothing; weak and bent toward evil in my flesh.
Faith, the ability to seek You, is from You.

do i?
No, i cannot.
But You can,
And You have,
And You do.

I trust You are there, and I will know you implicitly.
You do this.

I seek Your command, and I will know You completely.
You do this.

I worship You as glorious, and I will know you constantly.
You do this.

My Father, You are good to me, and all I know comes from You.

You.



In typing this up on the computer, I was struck again by how the point is God, and He does the working. I cannot, so He does all the good. It kinda ties in with the pride thing. I need to humble myself once more, and seek Him with all my heart.

In His Time,

No comments: