Wednesday, January 12, 2005

God's Provision

As most of you know, I received an iPod as an Eagle Scout/graduation/going away present at the beginning of Deeper, around the end of August. I have been greatly blessed by having this resource. At the beginning of our six-week trip, the control pad on my iPod malfunctioned. Fortunately it was still under warranty, so I sent it in to Apple, and about two weeks later received a working iPod. That worked out ok, because I was in New York at the time, and Mom was able to mail it to me.

Fast forward to yesterday morning. I sat down to do Personal Worship Time, and found that one of the parts on the control panel didn't do what it was supposed to do! I tried several things, but nothing made any difference. That particular part didn't do it's job. Needless to say, that made the iPod slightly less useful, and definately more cumbersome to use. I think it could have been done. But while it is still under warrenty, why not send it in? The only problem is, we will be flying out Jan. 21, a week from Friday. I didn't know if it would be back from Apple by then, and suspected that it wouldn't be. And yet, that was all that I personally could do. In my Journal I asked God, for His glory, if He would provide a fine, working iPod by the time we flew overseas. The way I saw Him responding would be to speed up the fixing process so that my iPod would be back to me before we left.

I logged into the Apple site and completed a service request form so they would send me a box to mail my iPod back to them in. Then I regretfully put my iPod away, and left it all day. When getting ready for bed, I decided to try using the part of the music that was accessible even with that part not working. To my immense surprise, the part was working again! I was in a small state of shock! All I can do is thank and praise my good Father, from whom all good things come.

I wanted to share this with you because it was a huge encouragement from God to me, especially after feeling so distant for the past few days. Thanks for your prayers.

In His Time,

No comments: