Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wow, I really am different

Yesterday, I did something I never, never in my wildest dreams, thought I would ever do. I bought a pair of sandals.

Yes, I know that doesn't sound very earthshattering. But, you have to understand, I have been against sandals for a very long time.

I just don't feel like they provide very much safety for my feet. I always feel like they are going to fall off any second. And you can forget about trying to run in them!

But I have really come to appreciate dry feet during my time in Prague. Not that I had wet feet before, mind you, but you know how feet naturally sweat when encased in shoes. The custom in Europe, as in much of the rest of the world, it would seem, is to take off your shoes when entering a person's home. This includes your own home. Thus, much of the time your shoes are off your feet.

When I returned home, I realized how much I missed leaving my shoes off . So, I began taking them off. Real simple, I know. Then I moved to sockless. While in Wal-mart, I passed a rack of sale sandals. The rest is history.

Now, I am still against flip-flops. They still hold all of the negatives that I dislike about sandals. But these sandals that I bought have three straps, holding my foot fairly secure, but allowing it to breath.

Thank you, Tina and Lisa, for your efforts during Deeper to reconcile my feet with flip-flops. I now report to you that you have somewhat triumphed.

In His Time,

No comments: