Monday, June 06, 2005

So I'm home...

I have been trying desperetely to finish Joeletter 11.1, and let that be the first thing I post on my blog. In it I am writing about the highlights from our (my family's vacation). But with my sisters needing the computer to practice Bible Bowl, me cleaning my room, me playing with Jathan, and trying to nail down a job, I haven't had enough time to finish it.

So, I am actually home now. As you will read about soon, the trip was fantastic.

I will update you on the job search. I went in to the temp. office again today, and finished all the paperwork and orientation. They are currently waiting to see if a 1st-shift job becomes available. If nothing shows up by Friday, (and I really don't expect anything too), then I will call and switch to 2nd shift, which I believe they have available. So, I hope to be starting work next Monday, 2:oo p.m.

"Where at?" you say? Yes, I just realized that I neglected to specify where they hope to place me. Delta Faucet, one of the factories here in the area.

Yes, I am also trying to coordinate haying, and mowing grass. I keep worrying about how that will all work out, 'cause I don't want to not be available for any of these places after asking if I could work for these guys. (Yeah, that was a run-on sentence).

I'm on a simplicity kick after coming back from Prague. Hence, the room cleaning. See, I used to be a major packrat. I would save anything that I might be able to use in the future, including things that held some sort of sentimental value, or that I couldn't bear to let anyone else have. So, my room is crammed with junk. Absolutely crammed.

But with lots of work parts of my room are being reclaimed. It's really pretty exciting to see the how much more space will be available when I'm done. This same simplicity kick is really helping me pack for trips. My suitcase was one of the smallest on our vacation. (The downside to that is that someone else carries my suitcase, while I get two of the biggest ones. Oh well, I've been workin' out).

In His Time,

No comments: