Thursday, April 07, 2005

My sister had a birthday

Yeah, so, yesterday was my eldest sister's birthday. She turned fifteen! I'm still trying to recover from the shock of realizing that she is fifteen, and going to be sixteen next year. *sniff sniff* they grow us so fast.

I got to call just before lunch time and talk with her. That was nice. She liked my gift, a Barlow Girl CD. Which is good, 'cause she helped me pick it out before I left to come over here. It's also good because she got poison ivy on her feet, and it helps to distract her.

I'll brag a little bit more on my sister, since I'm talking about her. This past Saturday she went to our local Bible Bowl tournament, the Greenwood Round Robin. Now, we've played Bible Bowl together for two years, this current year being her third. I've taught her everything I know, other than the text. She had to memorize that herself.

So this past Saturday Mikaela casually takes the Bible Bowl Individual test, like every month. And she scores a perfect 150!!!! Another girl, one of our top friendly competitors, also scored a perfect 150. So it came down to a written tie-breaker. And Mikaela won! She didn't make any mistakes. I'm so proud of her, and of the rest of my family too.

In His Time,

No comments: