Friday, April 08, 2005

Create A Trend - Sol

I am writing today to offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance. You are being invited to join a trend at the ground level. You, yes you, are being offered the chance to become a trendsetter.

"What does it take?" you ask. "Will it involve any financial expenditure? Because if it does, I'm out of here."

Never fear, this is a no-risk, non-profit trend. Continue reading for full details.

I, Joel Jackson, have invented a new acronym for cyberworld use. It is "sol." That's right, sol. It stands for Smile Out Loud. I became rather tired of seeing "lol" all the time, especially when something was kind of funny, but not funny enough to really Laugh Out Loud about. Thus, I coined the term Sol, or sol in it's uncapitalized version.

This blog post is your official invitation to join a cutting-edge trend. If each of us make an effort to use sol as much as applicably possible when writing e-mails and instant messaging, and invite our friends to do the same, the cyberworld will take notice. Already I receive instant messages and e-mails from my friends that include this hip new phrase. You are invited to do the same.

For those of you who are interested, there are a couple other cyberslang acronyms that are also starting to catch on. These are syk - Slap Your Knee; and gol - Grin Out Loud. Yes, gol is merely a variant of sol. But it's kinda catchy, and has a LOTR ring to it - it reminds me of Gollum every time I see it.

Thank you for your time, and remember to always SOL!

In His Time,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you advertising some of those "hip" new cyberwords! Keep it up and sol! (syk) --PS. your still in my prayers