Thursday, March 31, 2005

Too Much Alcohol

So, in coming over here to the Czech, I knew that this was the beer capitol of the world. I mean, beer and alcohol is cheaper than water! And I was ok with the full bars in the gyms, ice cream shops, and every little restaurant. But yesterday I saw something just a little too over the top for me.

I'm walking from my flat to the metro, taking the new shorter way that I found just a few weeks ago. Along the way I pass the radio tower, a hair salon, a paint store, and several miscellaneous buildings. Now, every other time that I've passed this hair salon, the lights have apparently been turned off. Because as I pass the salon this particular morning, I can see in the window. Much to my surprise, there is a full bar along one side of the salon! Maybe the hair stylists who work there aren't all that good, and need their customers to be a little on the happy side to get away with their haircuts. I don't know. But it just totally surprised me to find that there are bars in hair salons here.

In His Time,

No comments: