Monday, March 21, 2005

JBC Group

Today a group of ten students from Johnson Bible College flew over from the States. They landed here in Praha, and are taking a train down south to a town right on the border of the CR to do some work until Thursday. On Thursday they will ride back up and join us here in Prague for Easter weekend.

Along with them is Jonathan Ruff, one of the DTI students from last year. His overseas site was also Prague. During the week that the JBC students are here in the CR working, he is staying at Ben and my (our) flat. It's nice to have him here.

But the biggest surprise I saved for last. As we met the group, I saw someone who looked vaguely familiar. The thought ran through my head, "How random would it be for this guy to be here?" Taking the chance, I sidled over to him and said "Where ya from, brother?" Much to my satisfaction, he answered, "Batesville, Indiana."

This guy, Ross, went to the same Church Camp back home that I grew up in. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years, following a week of camp together. Now, here he is, in his second year at JBC, on a trip to Prague. And wonder of wonders, here I am too! It's amazing how our Father works.

No comments: