Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shopping . . . grrrrr

I'm at home. That means,

1). Good food

2). Sleeping a lot

3). Free laundry

It also means

4). Dial-up internet


I'm weighing the benefits.








I went shopping today.







Grrrrrrr.



Right, the fact that I wear about the same fifteen shirts? Yeah, that should indicate that I don't so much do the whole shopping thing. But, for Celebration Singers, we're supposed to have grey pants and a black shirt. Well, I bought a black shirt off my roommate; lucky me. Gray pants, however . . .



oh, and which way do you prefer to spell it? Grey, or Gray? I'm not sure which I like better, so I use both.



First we went to Greensburg, the town near my village. Minears had black pants, blue pants, and khakis. No grey pants. There was a very nice old man though, I'd like to buy something from him sometime - aside from the fact that I simply don't buy clothes.

Off to Indianapolis. My sister needed to go up for Bible Bowl practice with the team she plays with, so during practice Mom and I went off to check in the large stores that should carry everything under the sun.

And, they do certainly carry everything under the sun. Except for gray pants, 28/32. Yes, I'm skinny, get over it. I have small feet too, take your pick, laugh at me for one or the other. I wear 7 1/2, maybe 8, men's.

Back to the stores. We looked. And looked. And looked. Macy's, JC Penny, Khols. And a side trip into Best Buy to look at external hard drives, my computer's getting full. Did you know that not many external hard drives available in your local Best Buy (if you live in Indy) come with both USB 2.0 and Firewire? They all seem to like USB. Which, is all fine and dandy, unless you want the speed of Firewire . . . which I do. I didn't end up getting anything tonight.

Back to the stores. (I'm almost writing this in real time, so you experience what I felt this evening). About the only thing that made it tolerable was a new jacket that my family brought back from Nebraska. It has a line-in that'll fit all mp3 players/cd players/etc. So as we traipsed from one store to another, up and down aisles, straining our eyes for grey pants that would fit my apparently slowly-wasting-away body. (Get it, wasting away, waisting away . . . wow, sometimes I amaze even myself). Hmmm, I didn't finish that sentence. So, as we traipsed from one store to another, up and down aisles, straining our eyes for gray pants that would fit me . . . I was rocking out with Phil Keaggy, his 220 album. In fact, that's what I'm listening to right now, if you couldn't tell from the little music box thing up there. That helped me smile and laugh at the fact that I might not have pants for choir tour - that would be interesting.


It was time to go, we needed to pick my sister up. My mom finally asked a sales lady, who confirmed that they just don't make waist sizes that much smaller than length, for dress pants. But, she recommended a 30/30 pair. Apparently you can go for a shorter length in dress pants, and it looks fine. The waist was a bit loose, but it can work. I'll have a belt.

We're on the other side of the mall from the car, and it's time to be gone. I really enjoy walking fast through malls, it almost makes me feel important. To walk fast with my Mom, that was pretty fun too. We were bookin' it!


Do you ever try to capitalize numbers? Or slashes? I do it all the time, it's really frustrating. I want to put special emphasis on the number, and it comes out this odd looking symbol. And the worst part is, I usually do it several times in a row with several numbers, 'cause I really wanted to emphasize that part of whatever I was writing . . . sheesh.



I don't shop for clothes. Especially expensive ones. Tim says chalk it up to the fact that we don't have to buy books for the class. That helps . . . a little.

I don't shop for clothes.

I have a nice pair of pants, however you spell their color. And I'm pretty sure they won't match anyone else's pants, unless you had the same difficulty as me. Lemme tell ya, it's getting harder and harder to be skinny in this country. I'm thinking of moving to Prague, where they appreciate slim people. But, they don't do socks so well there. My socks from the Czech Republic are TERRIBLE!!! But since I don't shop, I just keep using them. They're very durable too.

My great-great-grandmother was from Ireland. That's pretty cool.

I like pudding.

No comments: