Wednesday, April 16, 2008

$25, and Customer Service

So, Delta is instituting a new policy where the second bag you check, and every bag thereafter, costs you $25. I know this, because Orbitz just sent me an email telling me so. This is because one of the flights that we're taking to Prague is a Delta flight.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem, I say to myself, because we have been thinking about just doing everything in a carry-on apiece anyway. But, just out of curiosity, I decided to log in and see which flight it was that was on a Delta plane.

I clicked the little button to look at all the flights, and spent about 3 minutes very puzzled. See, we're taking three flights to get over there, and three flights to get back. I have the itinerary in my inbox. Well, I see three flights coming back, but only two flights on the way there.

How odd, I think. Perhaps they decided to direct-flight it? That's cool. So, I look closer. I see the flight out of Cincinnati, to Washington. I see the flight from Washington to London. They're exactly the same as always. Then I look in disbelief as THAT'S WHERE THE FLIGHT ITINERARY ENDS!!!!!

I'm mildly concerned at this point. I have five people going to Prague, places lined up and everything, and my ticket ENDS IN LONDON!!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I like London - or at least I think I would. Cherok says lots of nice things about it. I'd like to visit some time.

BUT I WANT TO GO TO PRAGUE!!!! Moreover, I PAID to go to Prague!

Well, I'm on the phone right now with Michelle, a very nice lady with a bit of an accent, who is finding me a new flight, no charge. I'm very very thankful. Though, I'm curious - what would have happened if Delta hadn't started charging for the second checked bag, and I hadn't logged in to look at the itinerary again? THAT would have been a nasty surprise!

"Bless the Lord, my soul
and bless His holy name
Bless the Lord, my soul
who leads me into Life"
~ song from Taize
.

1 comment:

megzie said...

How about vegas instead?