Friday, May 13, 2005

Back Home

Wow. I'm back home, here in the States. It has taken a little getting used to. Everyone around me speaks English! I actually hesitated about going into Wal-Mart for that very reason. And when strangers around me spoke, I would turn my head toward them. It just seemed like they were talking to me, since they spoke in English!

I slept for twelve hours last night, and that has been a good start to getting over jet lag. Right now, at 5:30, I'm quite tired again. At home in the Czech it would be tomorrow, 12:30 a.m. Time changes are still quite difficult for me to completely comprehend.

Speaking of time changes, I just heard that the Indiana State government voted to adopt Daylight Savings Time. I was quite upset when I heard that. Now I , along with the rest of the country, will have to deal with the foolishness of changing my clock twice a year, and adjusting my sleeping pattern accordingly. Why couldn't they leave well enough alone!? I was quite happy when the rest of the country changed to our time zone, and we didn't have to worry about it. grrr.

Anyway, it was very good to get back and see my family. They came to the airport to greet me! It was great to give them all hugs, and hear little bits of what all has been happening in their lives.

All right, I'm tired.

In His Time,

No comments: